Every year since I can remember, we have gone camping in the Arco mountains at a place called Cherry Creek. I have some of the fondest memories with my Grandpa Lankford there. It's right by a small creek, we fish, we ride motorcycles, and my favorite, relax. There isn't any cell service and it's so fun to just get away for a little while. This is when Nick met my family last year and when we first said I love you. It has a special place in our hearts and we had soo much fun this year. Us and my sister and brother-in-law went up a day early. It was the first time we had been up there without parentals and thankfully we all survived! We were only terrorized by some coyotes that came through camp in the middle of the night. Zues, my sister's dog scared them away and Tank cowered in fear. It was also the first time I have ever slept in a tent up there and was very glad when the camper showed up! Tank loved camping! One night we decided to leave him untied because he never wanders anywhere. The next morning my mom came and said, not to alarm you but I can't find Tank. I began the search confused because he has never even left our yard, why would he go wander around the mountains. I hurried to ask Austin and Tara because they often take him with them when we aren't around. Austin said he saw him by the tent earlier so I went and checked around it and found nothing. I decided to check inside and sure enough there he was up on the air mattress! Stinking Dog snuck in there and was just having the best time. We laughed pretty hard about that. I think at one point we had about 40 family members there! It's always such a great way to end the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment