We are placed on this earth to be tried and tested to prove our faithfulness. At times this can honestly be kind of suckish (I'm sure that's a word) but as we strive to not only keep the commandment but find the good in our trials the Lord will bless and help us.
Before Nick and I got married we had never gotten in a "fight." I put the word fight in quotations because we really don't have any huge blow ups just little disagreements here and there. Everyone warned us about how much you would fight in your first year of marriage, I thought this was totally silly because we never fought, so why would we start. I soon realized that I was wrong, We would disagree and get in argument nearly everyday.
I felt horrible.
I felt like a terrible wife.
I knew that I was suppose to be with Nick and knew marriage was right for us but why was it so hard.
Satan was trying to tear apart my marriage before we had even started.
Satan hates happy couples.
He hates happy marriages.
He wants nothing more than to see our marriage fail.
40-50% of marriages in the United States end in Divorce.
There are necessary reasons for divorce but I also believe people are using divorce as an easy excuse to escape tough trials.
Elder Dallin H. Oaks has provided this much needed counsel,
" Now I speak to married members, especially to any who may be considering divorce. I strongly urge you and those who advise you to face up to the reality that for most marriage problem, the remedy is not divorce but repentance. Often cause is not incompatibility but selfishness. The first step is not separation, but reformation."
People don't take a minute to look for ways to fix their marriage, instead they look for the way out. We must always be striving to better ourselves so we can better our marriage. I wrote about ways to Save your marriage everyday here..
I know that marriage can be hard, I've experienced it first hand, but when we look to the Lord for guidance and direction, he will bless you and help strengthen your marriage. I'm so grateful that I have a husband who is willing to work and figure things out.
Before Nick and I got married we had never gotten in a "fight." I put the word fight in quotations because we really don't have any huge blow ups just little disagreements here and there. Everyone warned us about how much you would fight in your first year of marriage, I thought this was totally silly because we never fought, so why would we start. I soon realized that I was wrong, We would disagree and get in argument nearly everyday.
I felt horrible.
I felt like a terrible wife.
I knew that I was suppose to be with Nick and knew marriage was right for us but why was it so hard.
Satan was trying to tear apart my marriage before we had even started.
Satan hates happy couples.
He hates happy marriages.
He wants nothing more than to see our marriage fail.
40-50% of marriages in the United States end in Divorce.
There are necessary reasons for divorce but I also believe people are using divorce as an easy excuse to escape tough trials.
Elder Dallin H. Oaks has provided this much needed counsel,
" Now I speak to married members, especially to any who may be considering divorce. I strongly urge you and those who advise you to face up to the reality that for most marriage problem, the remedy is not divorce but repentance. Often cause is not incompatibility but selfishness. The first step is not separation, but reformation."
People don't take a minute to look for ways to fix their marriage, instead they look for the way out. We must always be striving to better ourselves so we can better our marriage. I wrote about ways to Save your marriage everyday here..
I know that marriage can be hard, I've experienced it first hand, but when we look to the Lord for guidance and direction, he will bless you and help strengthen your marriage. I'm so grateful that I have a husband who is willing to work and figure things out.
I have often heard the quote,
"Trials can either make you bitter or better"
How true is this statement. We should be always looking for ways to better ourselves through our trials. Trials will always come but through Christ we can ALWAYS overcome them together.
No comments:
Post a Comment