1. Pray together
2. Forgive often and quickly
Pray together
Praying together invites our Heavenly Father into our marriage.
We have all seen this diagram with a triangle that shows husband and wife two bottom corners and the tip of the triangle says God. As we strive to become closer with our Father in heaven, we become closer as husband and wife. It makes our bond as husband and wife closer as we pray together and for each other.
I saw this picture on Pinterest and I think its totally true. I have seen how praying has blessed my marriage especially on days where we might have a disagreement. If we take our burdens or issues to the Lord he will direct and help us through them.
President Henry B Eyring stated,
"Pray for the love which allows you to see the good in your companion.
Pray for the love that makes weaknesses and mistakes seem small. Pray
for the love to make your companion’s joy your own. Pray for the love to
want to lessen the load and soften the sorrows of your companion."
As we strive to pray daily as couples and as a family then we will be blessed and become closer.
Forgive often and quickly
There is always going to be some sort of disagreement, issue, or problem. They don't always have to be something big. Sometimes I'm just grumpy, but the most important thing to do is forgive & move on.
As we strive to look past imperfections and remember our love for each other we can forgive quickly. This also means you need to say you're sorry a lot. When you have done or said something that has hurt your relationship, be quick to say you're sorry and try to fix it.Elder Joe Christensen has said,
"Be quick to say, “I’m sorry.” As hard as it is to form the words, be swift to say, “I apologize, and please forgive me,” even though you are not the one who is totally at fault. True love is developed by those who are willing to readily admit personal mistakes and offenses."
I believe that by doing these two things we can save our marriage everyday. We need to be constantly working on our relationship so that it can stand against all the trials that will come. If we work as a team with the Lord and strive to always forgive, the Lord will bless us and we will be happy.

This is great Alyssa! I love that quote from pres eyring. That is going in my bedroom!
ReplyDelete