Monday, June 9, 2014

Moms

I think there is an overwhelming number of women in the world who have no desire to have children. They have chosen to spend their lives accomplishing something else. They believe that there is something greater out there than being a mom. They are wrong. There is no greater calling than that of motherhood. Being a Mom takes more from you than any other job but it's filled with the greatest rewards. Prophets have always emphasized the importance of motherhood.

First Presidency of the Church
"Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels." 

Spencer W. Kimball 
"Mothers have a sacred role. They are partners with God, as well as with their own husbands, first in the giving birth to the Lord's spirit children, and then in rearing those children so they will serve the Lord and keep his commandments."

In a talk given by Sheri Dew  "Are We all Not Mothers"   (I highly recommend reading it) she says the following,

"President Gordon B. Hinckley stated that “God planted within women something divine.” That something is the gift and the gifts of motherhood. Elder Matthew Cowley taught that “men have to have something given to them [in mortality] to make them saviors of men, but not mothers, not women. [They] are born with an inherent right, an inherent authority, to be the saviors of human souls … and the regenerating force in the lives of God’s children.” 
Motherhood is not what was left over after our Father blessed His sons with priesthood ordination. It was the most ennobling endowment He could give His daughters, a sacred trust that gave women an unparalleled role in helping His children keep their second estate. As President J. Reuben Clark Jr. declared, motherhood is “as divinely called, as eternally important in its place as the Priesthood itself.” 
 

Being a Mom isn't going to be easy at times. It's going to take work, trust in the Lord, forgiveness, and lots of growth, but it's what we were made for. We were made to be Moms and the Lord has blessed us with the ability to do so. We need to trust in him and He will guide us through. I want to be a mother because I know my divine destiny.

"There is no work in which the Lord takes greater interest than in the nurturing and rearing of our children. Because of that, we can be assured that He will strengthen mothers in their holy calling. Truly, motherhood places her who honors its holy work next to the angels, for nothing could be of greater significance to God than the nurturing of His little ones--His precious children."

I'm so grateful for the great examples of mothers in my life. They have truly taught me who I am and the kind of mother I should be.
 
"All that I am, or hope to be, 
I owe to my angel Mother"

No comments:

Post a Comment