Wednesday, June 18, 2014

In honor of Dads

Since Fathers day was this past weekend I'm going to write a little bit about my dad and the amazing man that he is. My dad has always been a great example of what a father should be. In the Proclamation to the Family it says,

"Fathers are to preside over the family in love and righteousness, and to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families." 

My dad went above and beyond the call of duty. I'm pretty sure there was nothing he couldn't do. As you can tell I'm a huge fan of my dad. 

My dad has served in some sort of calling in the church since before I was born. I'm pretty sure I've only sat by him in church maybe twice in all my 21 years of life. He was always sharing his testimony or giving a talk somewhere. I love listening to my dad speak. The spirit he brings with him is one of love and compassion. He is diligent in fulfilling his callings and loves the people he serves with. He loves the Lord and this gospel and has always run a Christ centered home. He was there to provide needed counsel and fix any problem he could. My dad is an excellent example of how to love and serve one another. I'm so grateful that he showed me the way, not only in our home, but everywhere we went. 

 My dad is one of the hardest working guys I know. He busts his buns to make sure that we are taken care of. He knows the value of hard work and has instilled that into us. He is not one that you often find sitting and doing nothing or complaining. Although he is quite busy, he always had enough time for us. He never missed any of my volleyball games or cheer routines. He not only provided for us but was always present. I'm grateful for his hard work. I'm grateful for all that he has given me.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a pretty big chicken but I always knew that my dad would protect me. He was constantly trying to protect me from the dangers of the world and the dangers of Satan. The rules and consequences that were in place in our home were in place to protect us from Satan's grasp. He knew that the gospel would keep us safe and taught it to us often. 

My dad fulfilled his duties as a Father in so many more ways. He was always there to tell us he loved us and wrap us in a hug. He has the biggest, kindest heart and would do anything for people. He loves the gospel and is the best example. I always knew that he would be there for me in any situation and would do everything he could do help me through. He's always there to make us laugh and make the day better. 

I am so blessed to have him as my dad. He is one of my best friends. Thanks for teaching me who I should be. I love you! 







No comments:

Post a Comment